- “While we hope to work with you on a wide range of policies that affect digital rights in the coming years, we focus here on the ones that need your immediate attention and ask that you change course on the previous policies and practices discussed below.” The Electronic Frontier Foundation’s transition memo to the incoming Biden administration. (Via Cory Doctorow)
- In my last newsletter, I held back on including my thoughts on the attack on the U.S. Capitol. If you’re interested in reading them anyways, I’ve shared them on my blog.
- As someone who cares about the longevity of systems, I love Stewart Brand’s Pace Layer model. I often hear confusion about the model’s ‘Culture’ layer, so I wrote a post explaining my understanding of how it works.
- More on structuring systems for efficiency and resiliency: The parable of the two watchmakers. (h/t Mickey McManus)
- “You can bounce back from hardship with just one or two of these qualities, but you will only be truly resilient with all three.” HBR on how resilience works.
- Being and context — “It is what it is.” (h/t Bob Kasenchak)
- An exciting picture of where tech is headed. (via Patrick Collison)
- What if the right metaphor for interacting with AIs is as creative assistants?
- Developing principles for creating better digital places.
- Unpacking the innovation at the heart of Pac-Man’s ongoing appeal.<p>A version of this post first appeared in my newsletter. Subscribe to receive posts like this in your inbox every other Sunday.</p>
Worth Your Attention
January 31, 2021
1 minutes to read
Subscribe to my newsletter
Sent bi-weekly. I'll never share your address. Unsubscribe any time.