We work, learn, share, and play in digital places. Our lives are changed by our websites and apps: they can either overload and control us or allow us to realize our potential. I explore how digital places can make us better.
- What an information architecture fossil reveals about the relevance of IA in the modern web.
- Information architect Dan Klyn tells us about his framework for understanding the architecture of complex systems.
- System constraints can be long-lived. Handle them with care.
- A list of posts I enjoyed during the year, mostly related to information architecture, systems thinking, and extending our horizons as designers.
- Lessons for designers and other creative professionals from the new Beatles documentary.