- Systems thinking as a way of addressing the limitations of user-centered design.
- Anne-Laure Le Cunff on the differences between effectiveness, efficacy, and efficiency.
- “As we look back at the last few months, it’s clear that as people spend more and more time online, they want online spaces where they can find real humanity and belonging.” On the emergence of Discord as a third place.
- “His theory is as fundamental as the physical laws of nature.” An appreciation of Claude Shannon’s work.
- Marty Cagan on leading with context.
- T’is the season when many people upgrade to new devices. But thanks to modularity and regular (and free!) operating system upgrades, today’s devices remain useful — and more valuable — longer. My appreciation of such upgrades.
- Matt Arnold interviewed me for The Iowa Idea podcast. The conversation was one of my favorite of the year, with subjects that ranged from Disneyland to avoiding extreme positions.
- Mediating the tension between openness and control.
- Lou Rosenfeld’s three simple suggestions for UX authors and presenters.
- In the tradition of A a a a a Very Good Song, somebody has named an album Ok Google Play Music. (Via Benedict Evans.)<p>A version of this post first appeared in my newsletter. Subscribe to receive posts like this in your inbox every other Sunday.</p>
Get updates via email
Sent every other week. I'll never share your address. Unsubscribe any time.